YOUR Registration Counts!
If you’ve ever wondered how much difference you can actually make with just one $30 registration fee, we have a story that you need to hear.
Tonyia Watson, Director of Patient Assistance, routinely calls Sherry’s Run patients to check on them, see how they are feeling, and ask if they have any needs. Recently, while making one of these calls, a patient shared that her treatments were causing her to have lots of blisters and sores in her throat making it difficult to swallow pills or eat. Tonyia asked the patient if her doctor had prescribed anything to soothe the pain. The patient said that she had gotten a prescription and taken it to be filled, but was told that it would cost $28.67. The patient chose not to fill the prescription because she knew she needed that money to put gas in her car for trips to the doctor.
Of course, Tonyia immediately made the call and had the prescription filled for her to pick up that day. YOUR registration fee can mean the difference in someone being able to swallow her pills and eat a meal while her body is fighting this terrible disease. YOUR registration fee does make a difference!
Last year, your registration fees helped us:
- Keep the lights/water on for more than 150 families
- Help more than 40 families stay in their homes
- Relieve the burden of medical expenses for more than 150 families
- Put food on the table for more than 200 families
- And help prevent colon cancer through the distribution of hundreds of colon cancer screening kits to local individuals, families and businesses